Serial code jenkins download and deployment
Solaris 10 (SPARC, x86) Sun Recommended Patch Clusters Adobe Systems, Apple, Microsoft, Mozilla Corporation, Nullsoft, Real, Skype Limited, Sun. RHEL Version 6 (x86 & x64) RHEL Version 5 (x86 & x64) RHEL Version 4 (x86 & x64) Solaris Version 10 (x86 & SPARC) Solaris Version 9 (SPARC) SLES Version 11 (x86 & x64) SLES Version 10 SP1 (x86 & x64) SLES Version 9 (x86) There are also some more SP1 Beta Integration Packs for Orchestrator: HP Operations Manager; HP Service Manager; VMware vSphere. Valid alternatives are to install the quarterly Oracle Solaris OS Critical Patch Update, which is an archived copy of the Recommended Patch Cluster available from the same location, or the Enterprise Installation Services (EIS) patch set, which is a superset of the Recommended Patch Cluster. JRE 32 bit (installer noted x86), then click on this link to run Sweet Home 3D 32 bit with Java Web Start (32 bit drivers are sometimes more stable than their 64. Download NVBU Plugin for NDMP 10.0.5 for Solaris 10 x86-64 my sources. I am running Solaris 10 on VMWare Environment.
Activation code bigFix Patch Management
As in 32-bit architecture, let each process have a Page Table with 20 bit VPN, 12 bit Offset and we have a 10 bit Page Table Directory (PTD) to account for 2^10 = 1024 processes. Job Prospects -Solaris 10 System Administration Interview Questions -1) How does Solaris operating system boots? Some tips on learning linux/bsd/solaris: 2020. The Recommended Patchset for Solaris is the new name for the Solaris OS Recommended Patch Cluster. Zorin OS - Your Computer. Better. LiveJournal: Discover global communities of bloggers who.
Technology News, Tech Product Reviews, Research and
Mark Forums Read; Quick Links. Zorin OS is the alternative to Windows and macOS designed to make your computer faster, more powerful, secure, and privacy-respecting. Among the spiffy features contained in this release are: based on Nevada build 79b; pkg(1) improvements, including progress reporting, verification support and incremental catalog update; ksh93 is the default system shell (bash remains the. Solaris 10 Patch Bundles for Solaris Updates Patch Bundles are downloadable from the SunSolve Patch Cluster & Patch Bundle Download Page. Get the latest news and analysis in the stock market today, including national and world stock market news, business news, financial news and more. Disk /dev/sda: 10.7 GB, 10737418240 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 1305 cylinders Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes.
Serial key how to configure networking on Linux
He has been certified for SCSA9, SCSA10, SCNA10, VXVM, VCS, ITILv3. Experience LINUX LVM (Logical Volume Manager) with real our website. Depending on your organization's needs, one may be preferred over the other. Click here to learn more about this announcement including migration strategies and. Solaris on SPARC and Oracle Solaris on x86- 64. Lifetime Support Policy, Coverage for Oracle Technology Products – September, 2020 Page 5. You may think you are processing them quickly, but all you are doing is processing WUs that have been already waiting for 10 days on your machine for their number to come up. You still return your WUs 10 days later than you got them, and your machine's speed is totally irrelevant.
Download technicus stultissimus: format a dynamic volume
Exams are not included as part of the course. A typical recommendation will include the recommended hardware specification for each server role, topology diagram and storage requirement. Solaris 10 x86 recommended patch cluster skype. Now updated for Insider Preview Build 20262 for the Dev. Derrick___ Can u tell me how to do that: 02: 09: cellofellow. Customers would like to install latest OS patch bundles to keep their systems update to [HOST] Unix Admin, we have to provide.
Serial number freeze issue on Ubuntu 20.04 - X ITM
Oracle is a product from Oracle Corporation that provides a number of cloud and service based on applications or platforms, whereas PostgreSQL or Postgres is a relational database management system that was created as a open-source application by PostgreSQL Global Development Group Regents of the University of California. This demonstration is on oracle solaris 11.1 (X86-64Bit) This configuration is deployed on 2 Oracle Solaris 11.1 virtual machines hosting on vmware server 2. He is very much passionate about sharing his knowledge with others. I wanted to shutdown VPN interface eth0, but ended up shutting down eth1 while I was. Incorrect Operations Manager Process Fmd Alerts Might Be Generated on SPARC-Based and x86-Based Computers Running Solaris 10 Zones. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- CrowdStrike: We Stop Breaches
- Sun World: Solaris 10 with VERITAS Volume Manager 5.0 in
- NoMachine - Free Remote Desktop For Everybody
- Symantec Security Center
- Comptia ITF+ Flashcards
- Oracle 12c RAC Installation on oracle solaris 11.1 on Vmware
- HAProxy - The Reliable, High Performance TCP/HTTP Load
- Overcomplexity of Enterprise Linux distributions
- Physical and Virtual Memory in Windows 10
- Quora - A place to share knowledge and better understand
- Links 18/11/2020: SUSE IPO Rumours, Servo (GitHub-Trapped
- The Register: Enterprise Technology News and Analysis
Patch oRACLE INFORMATION-DRIVEN SUPPORT
However, at times it happens that you are performing a critical task, and your Firewall causes hindrance in that task by even blocking your legitimate attempts to access your system. You may also look at the following articles to learn more – Linux vs Windows 10; Linux vs Ubuntu; Linux vs. Download System Center Management Pack for UNIX and Linux homepage. Register now online for the discount price! Reach Expats combines the power of Expatica and Revenue Creative to help international companies target the expat market with quality content. Even so I tried Skype video calls on Linux Mint 19.3 running on a 2020 MacBook Pro and was getting 10 fps.
- Best Intel processor: Core i3, i5, i7 and i9 explained
- Technology News and Analysis
- Golden Apple Enterprises Ltd
- Tecmint: Linux Howtos, Tutorials & Guides
- DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use
- Links 20/12/2020: Skrooge 2.17.0, Linux Mint 19.1
|1||Solaris 10 System Administration - Part I Training||52%|
|2||US-CERT All NCAS Products||3%|
|3||Ubuntu 18.04 LTS shows that update cannot be done securely||68%|
|4||Oracle Solaris Zero-Day Attack Revealed||2%|
|5||Online IT Training Videos, IT Certification Training||81%|
|6||Cpu - Cores vs Threads: How many threads should I run on||49%|
Favorite glowy products for that dewy dumpling glow.
Here are some of my fave products/methods :
Skin prep :
I sheet mask like... every other day.
Glow Recipe Exfoliating Toner - holy crap this stuff.... makes me GLOW. I was very biased against purchasing it because I do a lot of research on skincare and believe there’s always better, more affordable options... but this stuff is the shiz
Cosrx snail aio moisturizer
Skin aqua milk spf - because Spf is important and this one makes my skin glow. I’ve repurchased it tons of times. Japanese spf is BOMB.
Sioris Time is running out mist - a great dupe for the tacha dewy mist in my opinion
Expensive but.... Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. I have yet to find a dupe for it...
Milk Hydrogrip - not like.. extremely glowy but I like it because it really extends the longevity of my makeup.
Becca First Light priming filter - this one gives the skin a beautiful glow.
VDL Lumi layer primer
Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless filter - I will always repurchase this product because in my opinion it is soooo versatile. It corrects any redness I have, makes my skin look beautifully blurred and dewy. I love to put it on before I apply my foundation or on like... good skin days I like to wear it alone with a little concealer. Truly a unique product in my opinion.
Glossier Future Dew - when used properly this product can be beautiful. In the summer it made my makeup apply weirdly. Still a lot of trial and error with this product but it’s pretty.
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter - great product to mix with foundation or use before foundation for a glow. I like how it makes my base look.
Etude House Nymph Volumizer - a great dupe for the Kevyn Aucoin Glass Glow. I don’t use this as much anymore but I always loved how it made my skin look. Very glassy.
Prob my fave category. I’m a complexion product junkie. Lol
Ilia Skintint - Oh my gawddd. Such a gorgeous glowy product. I’m trying to find an spf free one for me to wear at night, but this combined with the Hollywood flawless filter and milk hydrogrip are my daily base. If any of you guys have any Spf free dupes let me know! This stuff is probably the glowiest ever.
Ilia Serum Foundation - more coverage than the skintint, not as glowy, but it’s glowy and it wears beautifully throughout the day.
MAC face and body - mentioned here all the time. Requires a bit of a learning curve. I haven’t used it in a while tbh, because lately it’s looked a bit streaky on me. (If any of you guys have tips on that please let me know lol)
Nars Radiant Longwear - I use this product when I have crappy skin days, im going out and I want my skin to last. It’s not SUPER dewy, but I like how it looks like skin. It’s like... close to full coverage... and you only need a little bit. Sometimes I’ll use this as a spot concealer.
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation and the original one - I do reach for these two quite a lot. They’re cheap, and look very nice on the skin. Longevity kind of sucks... but a good cheap option!
Becca Aqua Luminous Concealer - I think they’re discontinuing this, but it’s a really pretty product that isn’t too drying. Doesn’t have a lotttt of coverage, but I like it for covering my PIE and any redness.
UOMA Stay Woke Concealer - found this on a random trip to Ulta and mannnnn people need to talk about this stuff more. It has great coverage, is moisturizing. Not extremely dewy, but still a great product.
Glossiers Stretch Concealer - many people say this concealer is very light coverage but in my opinion, I find it buildable. It’s sooo dewy, and deff needs some setting. I prefer this over the RMS uncoverup because I’m extremely sensitive to coconut oil on my skin (stupid that they use coconut to begin with as many people can’t tolerate it on their skin). I find it looks great with the ilia skintint
First Aid Bendy Avocado Concealer - someone recommended this to me as a fuller coverage version of the glossier skin tint. I don’t really think it is.... it’s not as dewy and glossy, but it’s still a very nice product. Don’t love how spreadable it is.. but I find it blends beautifully.
This category is a difficult one for me because I have been on the hunt for glossy/dewy blushes and bronzers.
Em Cosmetics Serum Blush - oh my goodddddness. This is the most unique blush that I have ever tried. It’s truly very glowy, and just is so beautiful. I have the color Sunset Sky, which is like..this warm coral like color. I plan on purchasing Venetian Rose, Rose Milk and Peachy Peach. They do need some work on their droppers as they hardly ever function sometimes but that’s ok as I love this product.
Em Cosmetics Heaven’s Glow Radiant Veil Blush - i normally HATE powder blushes. I find them patchy, dry, and they don’t melt into the skin. These however... changed my mind. I have both of the colors and these melt beautifully into the skin. I love them.
Fenty Beauty Cheeks Out Cream Bronzer - I’m like a 3.5 in Giorgio Armani, and Vanilla in Bourjois and I use Butta Biscuit, and Macchiato. This is a great product, it blends beautifully, and looks like skin. It also lasts very well. I find the color Macchiato a great dupe for the crazy expensive Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate palette (help me I’m pooooor :( )
Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer in Brazilian Glow - ok these bronzers are great, but the Brazilian Glow shade, is BEAUTIFUL. I onetime wore it and I looked so sunkissed and glowy. You can only get this shade at ulta apparently?
There aren’t many glowy powders out there tbh. I find Charlotte Tilbury’s Airbrush Flawless Filter a great powder along with MAC mineralized skin finish. Again, I’m taking recs here.
My second fave area. It can be really hard to find highlighters. At least in my opinion because I’m like Goldilocks with highlight lol. I like my highlight to just MELT into the skin. Look glossy af, glowy, and also not f up my makeup.
Nudestix in Hey Honey - mildly glowy, beautiful product for light medium skintones. I found it looked a little weird on my pale friend. But this one is so glossy.
Rituel de fille highlighters - some people Love this product, others don’t. I find it very natural looking, great for day, I also find this product to come in very unique colors. Whenever I wear the colors Ghostlight, Lunaris or Solaris I get a lotttt of compliments. Honestly last time I purchased from Rituel, their customer service pissed me off... so I probably won’t for a while.
Charlotte Tilbury Beauty Highlighter Wand - ive been reaching for this prettyyyy often lately. It is stunning and just melts into your skin, but it has the longevity of a powder. It’s soooo gorgeous.
Nars Highlighter in Port de France - a powder highlight that just melts into your skin. It just makes you so radiant. I like to apply it over the Charlotte tilbury if I want to make my highlight pop. I find that this color is close to my light skintone so when I apply it, it just looks like my skin is luminous.
Colourpop Flexitarian - I’ve repurchased this product maybe 3 times? It’s sooo cheap, and just makes my cheeks reflect. I’ve tried maybe one other color in this formula and it wasn’t as blinding (if you guys have color recs let me know) but this one always shows up in photos and I get the most complements on it.
Setting Spray :
Still trying to find a dewy setting spray that extends makeup longevity. Most dewy ones... I find that they don’t.
MAC prep and prime - not really the best for longevity, but it’s a great product to just set and refresh your makeup. I like to use this before my longevity setting spray to really melt all of my complexion together.
Eyes/Lips (because they need to glow too) :
Em cosmetics Divine Skies Palette - wow this palette is beautiful. I love how portable it is. The three shimmery shades in it are amazing.
Pat McGrath Eyeshadows in Sextrovert and Sinful - I wear Sextrovert a lot as a one and done smokey eye. I like to spray a little fixing spray on it, Pat it on my lid to really get that glistening and then blend it out with a fluffy brush along the crease.
Colourpop Super shock shadows - I always forget how great these are and today really reminded me. These are stunning and sooooo glowy. But not extremely glittery, the glitter just melts on your lid. I’m wearing the shade A little Quarkey today, but I also love birthday wish, lady bird and cosmic charge.
Pat McGrath Lipglosses - I have the color Earth Angel which is very pretty. Hoping to get Blitz Gold soon. Her lipglosses are a work of art, they are amazing to look at.
Fenty Gloss Bomb in Fenty - not super shimmery, but this is the best lip gloss ever. I’ve repurchased multiple times and just makes your lips look sooo juicy.
Charlotte Tilbury Superstar Lips - a glossy lipstick. Makes lips look glossy, and full. I have the shades Pillow Talk and Sexy Lips
Dior Lip Glow Oil - juicy lips in a tube.
Em Cosmetics Lip Cushion - omg I’m simping soooo hard on Em (Michelle sponsor me plz) but the products I have tried have been truly unique and amazing. I have the color Magic Hour, and it makes your lips look full, glossy, and it fills in lines but it’s so comfortable to wear. I am repurchasing this and also buying in a few other colors.
Whew sorry for the long post along with punctuation and grammatical errors as I am typing this on my phone. But I really love this category and love hearing people’s recs. I also want to find out if anyone has tried any of these products :
Rare Beauty Soft Pinch Liquid Blush
Tower 28 Blush and Bronzer
Tower 28 Glosses
I’m really excited for this discussion!!!
General Questions Thread, November 06, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions below!
A longer version of the subreddit rules is here.
For questions specifically concerning bootlegs or vendor legitimacy, please ask in the Bootleg Megathread.
- For Self Posts: include a bolded NSFW note next to links in that post.
- For Links to sites/images: If the figure is NSFW, or the website has any NSFW content (including ads) be sure to tag your post NSFW and use the appropriate link flair.
Any collection posts containing bootlegs, comments advocating buying bootlegs, or links to sites selling bootlegs, recasts, or unlicensed merchandise will be removed.
People often ask about the legitimacy and/or safety of a number of websites which sell large resin statues. The more commonly-asked of those deal primarily in resins from studios which do not have a license from the Japanese IP holders to produce merchandise. Therefore links to those sites are not permitted here. Another sign is if MyFigureCollection doesn't list the either the statue, its manufacturer, or the shop it's being sold on.
My Figure Collection is like MyAnimeList... but for figures! Their database includes thousands of items which been produced during the last couple of decades, along with reviews of shops and other helpful articles. One can also list their own collection and post gallery photos.
AmiAmi HobbySearch Mandarake (sells rare figures) Good Smile Company Online Shop (often has exclusives) Good Smile Company US shop Crunchyroll Shop Hobby Link Japan (aka HLJ) Solaris Japan (MFC partner) Big in Japan (also has proxy service) Tokyo Otaku Mode FigureHaven Archonia (EU retailer) Jungle
List of retailers on MFC
/AnimeFigures' List of Retailers
Community Guide to Shopping in Japan
Nekomagic (News/Previews) NyaaFigurines (Reviews/Releases) Kahotan's Blog (News/Reviews) Figma Blog (JP)
Buying & Shipping1. What’s the best place to buy my anime figures from?
That’s going to depend a lot on what works for you, but most people around here buy them from Amiami, Big in Japan, Hobby Search, HobbyLink Japan, or Tokyo Otaku Mode. If none of those work for you for whatever reason, there’s a list of reputable retailers in the sidebar that you can check out at any time. Be extra careful when ordering figures from websites like Amazon or ebay, as there are a lot of bootlegs on those sites. Don’t be afraid to ask in our Bootleg Megathread if you’re unsure.
2. What differences are there between the shipping options I get from most Japanese shops?
Below is a rundown of the main shipping choices you’ll get at most retailers. Keep in mind that if an order is large enough you will be forced to use one of the more expensive options, as SAL shipments have lower size and weight restrictions.
- Unregistered SAL: Sometimes referred to as uSAL, is usually the cheapest method. It does not come with any tracking or insurance. Usually takes up 2-4 weeks for delivery.
- Registered SAL: Sometimes referred to as rSAL, is insured for the declared value up to 6,000 yen. It comes with a tracking number and usually takes 2-4 weeks for delivery.
- EMS: This method of shipping is much faster than either SAL options, usually arriving within a week of shipment. EMS shipments are insured for the declared value up to 2,000,000 yen.
- Surface: Shops don't offer this very often. It's an actual cargo ship and slow as a result.
- DHL: Becoming more available as an alternative to EMS on AmiAmi and other sites. Can be less expensive than EMS and of comparable speed, but may be more reliant on the specific geographical area being shipped to. Offers their own tracking.
Most shops will ask you to pay shipping on a per-order basis, but here are some that will allow combined shipping:
- Amiami: You can combine orders here, as long as the orders ship in the same month. It doesn’t matter if the item is new or preowned. Any preorders that are set for that month can also be combined with other orders for that month. However, be aware that if the preorder gets delayed, Amiami will remove that item from that month’s shipment and place it on a new order. To combine orders on Amiami, use the “Combine Orders” feature under “My Account”.
- Hobby Search: Hobby Search will let you combine orders that release in the same month, but you cannot combine in stock items with preorders. If you want to combine multiple preorders, or multiple in stock items, you can do so using the “Order Recombination” feature on your account page.
- HobbyLink Japan: At HLJ, you have the option to send paid orders to their “Private Warehouse”, where you can store them for up to 2 months. When you’re ready to ship the items, you simply select which items to ship and HLJ will combine them into one shipment for you. To use this, just select the “Private Warehouse” option as shipping when you order.
- GSC Web Shop: Here you’ll pay a flat 2,000 yen fee per order. It doesn’t matter how many items you put in your order, or how many different months the items release in. They will charge you 2,000 yen and ship all items as they release. The exception to this rule is their Wonder Festival exclusive items. Those can only be placed in the same order as other Wonder Festival items.
4. When will I get charged for my preorder?
Most Japanese shops charge you once the item is in stock and ready for shipment. When that happens, they will send you an email asking for payment. Some shops (mostly overseas ones), will allow you to pay for the item up front though, if you’d like. A few with that option are:
- Big in Japan (Japanese store)
- Tokyo Otaku Mode
- Anime Island
5. Should I expect to pay customs fees when importing figures?
That depends on where you live. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Australia: 10% GST is now assessed up front.
- Canada: Minimum declared value for charges is around CAD$20 for regular shipments, and CAD$60 for gifts (gifting something only seems to lower the declared value by about CAD$40, not deplete it completely). When using Amiami, try their Small Air Packet option. It comes with tracking, gets there in about the same time as EMS, and is better at avoiding customs.
- Europe: Using EMS raises your chance of getting charged for customs. SAL can still avoid customs in some countries, but generally gets checked in the UK now if the items are above the threshold. Amiami offers a shipping service called “Small Air Packet” that is really good for avoiding customs when you are only shipping one or two figures. Small Air Packet usually takes about the same amount of time as EMS, and still comes with tracking.The minimum declared value for customs charges in the Europe is pretty low- around £15 (£36 for gifts) / €20.
- Mexico: Minimum declared value for customs fees is USD$300 for shipments by post, and USD$50 for shipments by courier.
- United States: A shipment has to have a declared value of USD$2,000 before customs starts hitting you with fees, so you most likely won’t have to worry about them at all.
You have three options for this:
A. Big in Japan is known to stock exclusive figures and ship to other countries. Usually the price is higher because they build in their proxy fees, but it’s easier than worrying about using a forwarder or proxy service. If you live in the US, Crunchyroll, Right Stuf, and Tokyo Otaku Mode also get exclusives sometimes, but out of the states the shipping can get expensive.
B. Forwarding Services: A forwarder is someone who you ship an exclusive item to so that they can forward the package on to you, usually for a flat fee + shipping. When using a forwarder you still make the purchase yourself, and enter their address into the shipping field. When the box arrives at the forwarder they will then stick your address onto the package and send it on its way.
Some popular forwarders are:
C. Proxy Services: With a proxy, you tell them what the item you’re looking for is and they will purchase it in your stead. This is handy for when a company doesn’t accept foreign credit cards, or you’re having trouble navigating a Japanese website.
Some popular proxies are:
7. I see a bunch of really cheap figures that ship from China on ebay. Are those okay to buy?
Generally, no. They’re most likely bootlegs. If you want a second opinion on that, feel free to ask in the Bootleg Megathread that’s always stickied at the top of the sub.
8. What’s a bootleg, and how can I avoid buying them?
A bootleg is a counterfeit figure often made using rejected molds of the official product. They are usually priced significantly lower than the genuine article, and in order to make their profit, bootleggers use lower quality materials and have less attention to detail- resulting in a substandard figure.
The Bootleg Megathread that I mentioned in question 7 is a great tool to avoid buying any bootlegs. It has a few tips and tricks to avoiding them to begin with, and a few more on how to spot them if you’re worried you might already own one.
9. Does anyone know when figure X is going to be released? How do I know if it was delayed?
My Figure Collection (sometimes referred to as MFC) does an excellent job of staying on top of information like release dates and delays. If you’re curious about an upcoming figures release date, check there first. This information can be found directly under the “Releases” section on a figure’s entry. If you only see a month and a year in that section, it means the release date has not yet been announced by the manufacturer, and there is still a chance the figure could be delayed.
If you make an account on MFC you can also subscribe to comments, changes, and pictures via a checkbox on the right hand side of a figure’s listing. Subscribing to any of these things will allow MFC to send you an email anytime the subscription in question updates. Subscribing to “changes” is a great way to keep up with release dates and delays, among other things.
10. The figure I want is long sold out at normal retailers! What’s the best place to pick it up in the aftermarket?
A list of reputable retailers can be found under the “Shops” section of the /AnimeFigures sidebar. They all sell legitimate products, and many of them also sell figures second hand. However, the most frequently suggested second hand sites are Mandarake and Amiami- who has a preowned section that they update every night save Sundays and Japanese holidays around 1PM JST and again around 6PM JST.
AmiAmi grades their pre-owned items on a letter scale. The general consensus from buyers is that their ratings are conservative, so unless the item and/or packaging is specifically indicated as having significant flaws, pre-owned items from them are usually in at least as good a condition as their rating suggests.
Note: When you search Mandarake, you’ll get the best results by using the Japanese characters for whatever you are searching. If you don’t know them, you can find them on MFC by clicking on any of the “details” in that figure’s listing.
11. Amiami has a figure I’m interested in labeled as “For sale in Japan only”. Does this mean I can’t order it without a proxy or forwarder?
No, you can still order it. Amiami’s English site has that warning on many items, and it’s mostly meant to inform you that this product was made for a Japanese market, and as such, will have Japanese speaking/writing in it- so don’t expect any instructions to be in English. If Amiami doesn’t want foreigners buying a certain product, they won’t even list it on their English site.
Displaying Your Figures12. What display cases do you recommend?
If you live near an Ikea try out one of these:
Amazon has a few display options, though they are more expensive. Also keep an eye on your local Craigslist (or your country’s equivalent) and stores near you that are closing up.
13. What lighting do you guys recommend?
Ikea’s Dioder LED strips are often suggested. They come in white or muti-colored.
Most hardware stores carry something similar though, if you don’t live by an Ikea. Just make sure that the lights don’t get too hot!
14. What are those clear plastic boxes that I see under everyone’s figures in their collection posts, and where can I get them?
Those are called risers. Most of us use standard acrylic risers like these. Some other, easy to find things that have been suggested are:
Another common suggestion is to visit The Container Store if you have one near you. They have a lot of things to choose from that can suit a variety of needs. Be sure to check out their standard acrylic risers, their Amac boxes, and the various display cases they sell (baseball cases, mini car cases. hockey puck cases, etc).
15. Should I keep my figures sealed?
That is, of course, up to you really, but here are a few things to keep in mind when debating this question:
- Keeping it sealed can actually damage your figure. PVC figures usually have something called plasticizer in them, and that plasticizer needs to be able to breath. If a PVC figure isn’t exposed to oxygen, after a period of time the plasticizer starts to break down and form a sticky substance on the surface of the figure. Simply opening your figures and taking them out of the box prevents this from happening. If you happen to find plasticizer goo on one of your figures, Kahotan has a handy guide for dealing with it.
- Unlike some other figure markets, keeping an anime figure sealed won’t raise its value by a whole lot. In fact, because of the plasticizer problem mentioned above, your figure could actually be in better condition if you open it versus keeping it sealed.
Finding the Right Figure(s) for You16. There are so many figure companies! Who makes good figures?!
Obviously this is a very subjective question, but as a general starting point, here are a few well renowned figure companies:
- Max Factory
- Good Smile Company
- Kotobukiya (usually hit or miss for people. Use your best judgement based off of the prototype)
My Figure Collection can be your best friend here. Simply do a search on the name of the series or character using the search bar located at the top right of the screen, and all associated figures pop up!
Alternatively, if you’re looking at a figure’s MFC entry, most of the text under the “Details” section can be clicked on and used to run a search.
18. How can I commission a custom figure?
None of the major figure companies (Alter, Kotobukiya, Good Smile Company, etc.) will take a commission for a single figure. This thread has a few websites in it that you can check out, or you can look into garage kits. Some kit painters would be willing to resculpt, frankenstein together, or otherwise modify kits for the right price.
If you're looking for help completing a garage kit, /brushforhire may be useful.
Keeping Up with New Announcements19. How can I keep up with figure news (announcements, updates, etc.)?
Most people use a MFC combined with any or all of the following news sites:
- Neko Magic
- Alter’s Blog (In Japanese)
- Kahotan’s Blog (Only GSC and their sister companies)
- PlastiKitty (Hasn't updated in a year, still has useful information in its archives)
If you make an account on MFC you can also subscribe to comments, changes, and pictures via a checkbox on the right hand side of a figure’s listing. Subscribing to any of these things will allow MFC to send you an email anytime the subscription in question updates. Subscribing to “changes” is a great way to keep up with release dates and delays, among other things.Most companies have one or more Twitter accounts. Some examples: Good Smile Company sales, Good Smile's USA branch, Max Factory, AmiAmi Hobby News.
20. Everyone’s excited about something called Wonfes….. what the heck is that?!
WonFes (short for Wonder Festival) is a biannual figure expo where many figure producers (both large and small) show off new sculpts and updates to figures already under way. Most companies save their most exciting announcements for WonFes, so we all look forward to the expo whenever it rolls around! Winter Wonder Festival is usually held in February, while Summer Wonder Festival is usually in July. The event has also spread to Shanghai, in the late spring.
21. One or two (or 15) figures were announced at WonFes that I’m really excited about! How can I keep track of their progress once the event is over?
MFC is always really quick about getting new WonFes announcements (or any others throughout the year, for that matter) listed in their database, so we suggest using that. To find a figure from the event you can search any number of things, including the name of the character or the name of the show. You can also use the tag search to search “WonderFestival 20xx_[season]” to see all items announced at that event.